By registering or placing an order on this site, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your information under the terms of this policy.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or elsewhere, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, fax, at conferences and events or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order either on our site or with our customer services department, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, when you report a problem with our site and when you enter a competition, promotion or survey either on our site or elsewhere. This also includes information you provide through the social media sites we use, including Facebook and Twitter. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, profession and photograph. If you place an order with us we may also collect purchase and mailing history from you and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented (whether this be at the point of ordering products from us or on the registration form on our site or by completing a form at a conference or event). We may provide this information to you by email, phone or post, subject to the consent you have given us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, survey and market research purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- if you have requested any goods or services then we will use your information to supply the goods or services, to bill you and to contact you (either by email, phone or post) where necessary concerning your order.
We may share your personal information with the University of Cambridge and with our associated companies, including our joint venture companies, holding companies and subsidiaries. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with this policy. A list of our associated companies is available on request from email@example.com.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- to our agents and service providers for the purposes set out in this policy.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia and New Zealand and all personal information received from you is subject to processing centrally at our UK office.
We may also store your personal information in third party cloud based databases which may be hosted at a destination outside Australia and New Zealand.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you give us permission to. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are 'analytical' cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how they navigate around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works; for example, by ensuring that users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting in your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If however you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access some parts of, or our entire site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may be entitled by law to charge a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may make a privacy related complaint by writing to us (see address details below). We will usually respond within 30 days unless it is unreasonable for us to do so in the circumstances.
If you are in Australia, you may also complain to the Office of the AustralianPrivacy Commissioner.
Telephone number: 03 8671 1400
Postal address: 477 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne 3207
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.